Ciao, per favore seleziona la tua lingua

Ciao, per favore accedi qui

Non sei ancora iscritto?
per scoprire il nuovo, migliorato e premiato English Live.

Close

Benvenuto in "Movie Reviews and Trailers
Hot movie reviews and trailers. Join in the conversation about what's new in cinema. Share your thoughts on your favorite movies and even the ones you hate!
Categoria:Entertainment
Lingua: English
Iscritti: 5436
Responsabili: Larissa (Administrator)

Sei sicuro di volere lasciare questo gruppo?

Sei sicuro di voler cancellare la discussione Arthouse Cinema?
Da AMontejano14 il 17/05/2012 02:24:20
Arthouse Cinema

Any good films from around the world you guys would recommend ?

I.E. Poland, Germany, France, Korea, China, etc.

Da efetisova16 il 10/03/2015 11:52:58
Re: Arthouse Cinema

So good topic and no answer!

I like the "Persona" by Ingmar Bergman, a Swedish director, from this amazing film began my interest to the arthouse cinema (and european in general). It's about an actress that suddenly decides to keep silent and a nurse that looks after her and had some long "talks" with her, but it's just a plot of the movie where you'll see some difficult psychological questions. I would recommend 50 other good films if you like this one:-)
Da liucongc il 22/03/2015 12:44:36
RE: Re: Arthouse Cinema
Hi,I'm Travis.Ingmar Bergman is a master of director, a proficient of filmmaker. I worship him so much.And I very like a movie by him is "Through a Glass Darkly"
Da GAraujoFontoura il 22/03/2015 15:00:20
Re: RE: Re: Arthouse Cinema

Yes, Elena. It's an excellent topic!

Travis, your name makes me remember another outstanding movie: Táxi Driver, by Martin Scorsese. The main character calls Travis Bickle.

To help the discussion I'll give more five options, but I could say many others.

Soviet Union
The Mirror (Zerkalo), by Andrei Tarkovsky. 
One of my favorites! A non linear story of a man in differents moments of his life. A movie that says much about the author's life. The movie has gorgeous scenes, as several movies of the same author: Stalker, Nostalghia, Andrei Rublev, Solaris, etc.

Iran | France
The Wind Will Carry Us (Bad ma ra khahad bord), by Abbas Kiarostami.
Kiarostami did great movies and this is one of them. Beautiful landscapes and a full of meanings story. A man who goes to the iranian kurdistan to find a dying old woman. I really like iranian movies!

Macedonia | France | United Kingdom
Before the Rain, by Milcho Manchevski
A movie in three mixed parts (Words, Faces and Pictures) that talk about unsuccessful loves and violence. A interesting story with good scenes. 

Germany | Austria | France | Italy
The White Ribbon (Das weiße Band - Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte), by Michael Haneke
Haneke has strong movies. He likes to bring subjects that many other don't have courage to say, like he did in The Seventh Continent, Benny's Video, Amour, etc. The White Ribbon is about mysterious events that generate a widespread distrust in a community.

France | United States
Mulholland Dr., by David Lynch
It's another outstanding movie! I really like! It talks about dreams and jealousy. It's impossible to describe. It's a movie that allows many understandings. Lynch has others very good movies, as Eraserhead and Blue Velvet. He also has a pretty good TV Serie: Twin Peaks.

Cheers!
Da liucongc il 07/04/2015 04:14:00
RE: Re: RE: Re: Arthouse Cinema
Yeah,There are two character named Travis that I loved, One is Taxi Driver,the other one is Paris,Texas. P.S:Travis Bickle,exactly!
Da liucongc il 07/04/2015 04:14:11
Yeah,There are two characters named Travis that I loved, One is Taxi Driver,the other one is Paris,Texas. P.S:Travis Bickle,exactly!
Da liucongc il 07/04/2015 04:14:11
Yeah,There are two characters named Travis that I loved, One is Taxi Driver,the other one is Paris,Texas. P.S:Travis Bickle,exactly!
Da WDias dos Reis il 18/05/2015 16:38:24
RE: Arthouse Cinema
today i watched 'Mulan rise of a warrior' I liked its great
Da WDias dos Reis il 18/05/2015 16:38:53
RE: Arthouse Cinema
Mulan rise of a warrior

Offerta Premium
Impara l'inglese online - risultati garantitiEntra nella scuola online più grande del mondo e scopri la comodità totale. Incontra insegnanti madrelingua nelle lezioni di conversazione per piccoli gruppi. Le lezioni dal vivo iniziano a ogni ora del giorno.
Gruppi simili
Everyday English for Advanced English Speakers
LifestylePractice common topics you'll encounter on a da...